Mason’s Walk helped raise $5,527 which will be used to teach 135 children to swim. Viking Pools would like to thank anyone and everyone who help accomplish this.
Check out this short news video about the event, HERE!
With that being said let’s see if we can help out another great organization. One Heartland needs to raise an additional $60,000 by the end of March to ensure a robust, fun-filled summer of camping programs! To date they have raised $32,155 so that’s only $27,845 to go in only a few days. We can do it!
One Heartland creates community, offers respite and builds lifelong skills by providing an accepting environment for children, youth and their families facing social isolation so that they may lead healthier and more fulfilling lives.
Here are some quick facts about One Heartland:
- In 1993, Camp Heartland was founded by then 22-year-old Neil Willenson of Wisconsin
- Camp Heartland is the largest camping and care program for children who experience HIV/AIDS. Over 75 percent of Camp Heartland's participants live in poverty.
- Camp Heartland is a national program that welcomes children from 40 different states
- As most of the children cannot afford tuition, through the generosity of thousands of individuals, corporations and foundations, Camp Heartland's programs and services are provided free of charge to all participants
- One Heartland operates camps in California, New York and Minnesota and has begun an international expansion.
- Since 1994, One Heartland's Journey of Hope AIDS Awareness Program has traveled throughout the United States on a mission of increasing HIV awareness, prevention, education and testing. The speakers on the tour are children affected by HIV, poverty and other challenges.
- One Heartland annually serves thousands of suffering and at-risk children in the United States including those who experience poverty, HIV/AIDS, grief, foster care, Tourette's Syndrome, and other obstacles.
- On April 1, 2008, after completing a strategic planning process, Camp Heartland chose to expand its mission and vision and form an umbrella organization entitled One Heartland. One Heartland will operate all of our programs including Camp Heartland, Birch Family Alliance, Camp Pacific Heartland, Journey of Hope AIDS Awareness programs, Global Heartland, the Heartland Institute and more.
If you would like to donate to One Heartland please visit their donation site HERE
You contribution makes a difference in the fight against HIV, loneliness and social isolation.