Prep Time: 20 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 1 Hr 40 Min
- 6 slices bacon
- 10 asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package rotini, elbow, or penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook until tender, about 1 minute. Strain asparagus out of water and immediately plunge into a bowl filled with ice water; let sit in ice water until completely cold, then cut into 1 inch pieces. Next, add pasta to boiling water and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain, rinse with cold water until chilled, then drain well.
- Stir together mayonnaise, balsamic vinaigrette, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Fold in artichoke, chicken, cranberries, almonds, crumbled bacon, and asparagus. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then fold in cooked pasta. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.